UPDATE: This contest has ended
Next weekend, The Second City returns to Walton Arts Center bringing with them 50 years of some of the best sketch comedy and improv. Couple that with the fact that it’s Restaurant Week in Fayetteville this week and you’ve got the makings for something sweet. In other words, we’ve got tickets and we’ve got gift certificates and you know what that means…it’s contest time.
Built on an institution of greater humor, The Second City has created a launching pad for young comedians, actors and directors for decades and seeing the live show gives audiences the chance to see comedy stars in the making.
Many comedians who got their start at The Second City have had successful careers in film and TV – most notably “Saturday Night Live”. The Second City alumni list reads like a who’s who of American comedy, as it includes: Alan Arkin, Joan Rivers, Robert Klein, Peter Boyle, John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Gilda Radner, Martin Short, John Candy, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Eugene Levy, Tim Meadows, Chris Farley, Mike Myers, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Tina Fey, Amy Sedaris and tons more. Phew.
What you’ll win: If you’re one of two randomly chosen lucky winners, you’ll get a pair of tickets to the Friday, August 28 performance of The Second City’s 50th Anniversary Tour at Walton Arts Center and you’ll also get a $25 gift certificate to either Powerhouse Seafood or Emelia’s Kitchen.
How to enter: Just leave a comment and tell everyone your favorite alumni member from The Second City. You can choose from the small list above or you could browse through the alumni lists on the official website (links below).
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
1. You may only enter this specific contest once. If you enter this contest more than once you’ll be disqualified.
2. This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Walton Arts Center employees and their immediate family members.
3. Contest is open until 11:59pm CST tomorrow night, August 19th, 2009.
4. Make sure you leave a valid e-mail address when filling out the comment form since that’s how we’ll contact you if you’ve won.
5. You’ll have to provide us with your first and last name, and mailing address if you win. Then, we’ll mail you the gift certificate. The tickets to the Walton Arts Center will be waiting for you at the box office the night of the show.
Thanks to the Walton Arts Center, Powerhouse Seafood and Emelia’s Kitchen for sponsoring this contest.