While flipping through the channels last night, I did a double take when I noticed Jimmy Fallon holding a familiar album in his hands. After a brief brain rack, I realized it was the classic 1994 Sunny Day Real Estate debut Diary. Moments later, Fallon introduced them and they played “Seven.”
Somehow I missed the news back in June that the band was reuniting for a North American reunion tour with all four original members. Even if I had known, though, I’m not sure it would’ve made seeing Sunny Day Real Estate play “Seven” on the Jimmy Fallon Show any less weird. Nevertheless, it was awesome.
And now for the to-do.
Little Rock’s Adam Faucett is in town tonight with Real Live Tigers at Smoke & Barrel Tavern. Do yourself a favor and check out Adam Faucett tonight. If you can’t make it, at least familiarize yourself with his music. It’s getting cold outside, y’know?
There’s more. Right cheer:
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Ozark Mountain Bootleggers
- Gullett’s Gourmet: Sarah Hughes
- Greenhouse Grille: 3 Penny Acre
- George’s: Ryan Bingham
- Teatro Scarpino: Leaky Diamond Band
- Ella’s: Jazz on the Hill
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Jovan Arellano
- Modern Cafe: Bluegrass jam
- US Pizza Co: Jeff Kearney
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Adam Faucet, Real Live Tigers
- Club Fix: BEATpUNKS
- Arkansas Union: Poetry Slam ft. Roger Bonair-Agard 7pm, RZ’s Coffeehouse
YouTube – Adam Faucett: