Five years ago, best selling author David Sedaris told the New York Times, “I owe everything to Ira.”
He was, of course, speaking of public radio personality Ira Glass, who discovered Sedaris reading his diary in a Chicago club. Glass put Sedaris on his local radio show which eventually led to NPR and a handful of best-selling books. Accidental fame.
Back in January, Walton Arts Center hosted Ira Glass and tonight, it’s David Sedaris. Bonus: according to @walton_arts, there are still a few tickets left.
Mr. Sedaris will deliver a 60-minute reading, followed by a Q&A session and book signing at 7:00 pm.
Also tonight is the SWEPCO rate increase input session at the Town Center, the rescheduled Chefs in the Garden at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks and a little music, too.
Here’s the full list:
- Fayetteville Town Center: SWEPCO Rate Increase Meetin 6 pm
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Chefs in the Garden
- George’s: Josh Abbott Band
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Walton Arts Center: David Sedaris 7pm