There’s no question that today’s to-do post belongs to Art Amiss. But for those who are wanting to take in a little extra or who aren’t the slightest bit interested in the 11th installment of our local art showcase, keep reading. There’s plenty to-do to-night.
In case you missed it, we published a rundown of Art Amiss 11 earlier this morning. We didn’t, however, go into much detail about the official Art Amiss after party at Club FIX. Ready? Set. Go.
Headlining what could very well end up being the sweatiest night Fayetteville will see this fall, is DJ NickNack from Austin, TX. The Crowd Control Records CEO crafts sounds all the way from vinyl turntable manipulation to current production of jazz infused hiphop tracks. His sound is broad, yet clearly focused. Head over to his MySpace page, start with “Lolli The Pop Remix” and then check out “Lace Up” to see what we mean.
If Nick weren’t enough, though, also in town is one of our favorite Arkansans – Little Rock’s 607. Besides being one of the most prolific hip hop artists to come out of our state, 607 has spoken on a Harvard Law School hip hop panel, toured Russian and Africa, and has provided remixes for the likes of Röyksopp, Rich Boy and La Roux. Can you say ubiquitous? If you’ve not witnessed 607 live, you just don’t know. You can correct that tonight, though.
On the non-Art Amiss front, there’s a free show at Smoke & Barrel Tavern with locals The Rox and Fire Don’t Care along with Failure’s Union (NY) and Cheap Girls (Mich.). Plus, it’s Whiskey Wednesday over there which means half price whiskeys. Danger!
To end the to-do post there is a disservice to the handful of other worthy events scheduled for tonight. But I’m hungry. So deal.
- The Beer Keg: Pope County Bootleggers
- Drifters: Karaoke
- Fix Ultra Lounge: Nick Nack, 607, EQ & Shortfuze (more info)
- George’s: Greensky Bluegrass
- Greenhouse Grille: East of Zion
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The Rox, Fire Don’t Care, Failure’s Union, Cheap Girls
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Trombone Studio Recital 7:30 pm
- Soul: Pel’s Pals Wine Dinner 7 pm (more info)
- UA Student Union: La Verdad Sospechosa/The Liar 8 pm
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- Ella’s: Jazz on the Hill
- Dickson Theater: Art Amiss 11 7 pm (more info)