They’re heading north tomorrow but Cursive have spent the past week working their way across Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and through Little Rock, all just to get back to Fayetteville, Arkansas. I’m sure that was the master plan, right? I hope they don’t pull into the now vacant Clunk Music Hall parking lot. In case you’re reading this, Cursive, you’re at George’s Majestic Lounge this time. It’s on Dickson St.
It was certainly a surprise to find out that not only would Cursive be touring this winter but that the tour was as extensive as it is. The band’s been around for well over a dozen years but has broken up, gotten back together, gone on hiatus, and even taken the back seat to side projects along the way. Regardless, the recently reformed, still-on-Saddle-Creek indie rockers from Nebraska released their seventh full-length album, “Mama I’m Swollen” in March and are in town tonight to promote it along with fellow Omaha rockers Capgun Coup and local Randall Shreve.
Before you head out for the night, though, consider popping in at Tramps on Sycamore. They’re hosting a fundraiser for the Fayetteville Animal Shelter with music by Opal Fly from 4-8pm. At the very least, stop by and drop off some of your old towels or blankets or even some canned cat and dog food (or money) for the animals. They’ll love you for it. Maybe.
But wait. There’s more:
- Boom Boom Room: Damn Bullets, 2ME
- George’s: Cursive, Capgun Coup, Randall Shreve
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Tim Meitzen
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Rollo Tumasi, Well Well Well, Genome Chomsky
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Ceramic Cow’s A Dupont White Trash Christmas
- Walton Arts Center: The Rat Pack is Back for the Holidays 7 pm
- Grub’s: Two Fresh
- Soul: Miles Ralston
- Speakeasy: Soul Glo
- Nadine Baum Studios: Twas the Night presented by TheatreSquared (preview) 7:30 pm
- Fix Ultra Lounge: $3 U Call It night w/ DJ Shortfuze