First Thursday Fayetteville is tomorrow and fortunately, tonight’s offerings should help to get you into the getting-out-and-doing-something-again mood. There’s plenty to choose from.
Interested in some California folk-punk? Santa Cruz’s Tater Famine is at Smoke & Barrel Tavern this evening. The acoustic trio will be without their bass player tonight but according to vocalist/mandolin handler, Matteo Brunozzi, “It’s still going to be a party.” The guys are in the middle of a cross-country tour and will be joining up with Fayetteville’s Cletus Got Shot tomorrow night in Lawrence, KS.
In the same musical vein, 3 Penny Acre are at Greenhouse Grille tonight. Great, now I’m craving sweet potato fries.
If that’s not enough, there’s square dancing at Scarpino’s, DJs at FIX and it’s night #2 of The Drowsy Chaperone at Walton Arts Center.
The full list:
- Wednesday, February 3
- George’s: Guta, Great American Taxi
- Rogue: Auger, MSG, Perpetual Werewolf
- Greenhouse Grille: 3 Penny Acre
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mo Brothers
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: Claire Detels Piano Recital & Lecture
- Teatro Scarpino: Square Dancing w/ Shout Lulu
- Walton Arts Center: The Drowsy Chaperone
- Fix Ultra Lounge: Residents Night
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Tater Famine