Getting a ton of followers on Twitter isn’t really that hard for a celebrity. I mean, even Bob Vila has eclipsed the one million mark. You know, the do-it-yourself guy? This Old House? Sears? Nevermind.
When you’re famous and you’re constantly tweeting, eventually your fans will find you and start listening.
But if your name is Conan O’Brien, apparently all you have to do is sign up, tweet once and within 18 hours, you’ll have already secured a quarter of a million followers. (Note: Since I started this post, O’Brien’s follower count has already increased by another 4,000.)
Not too shabby, CoCo. Oh, and you’re way ahead of Leno, who tweeted his 506th message yesterday.
So what’s happening tonight?
For starters, in case you missed it this morning, the “Project XXX,” opening reception is tonight at the Anne Kittrell Art Gallery in the student union on campus. The exhibit is a collection of photographs reflecting gender roles in the poses of nude subjects. 5 p.m., free.
Later in the evening, Memphis Pencils, Hosta, Cntrl+Alt+Del and TIMBER! are set to take over George’s. That’s where we’ll be. You know, in case you’ve got any beef with us and want to deliver a knuckle samwich or two. Kidding, of course. Maybe.
Smoke & Barrel Tavern starts a three-day run of Little Rock bands tonight with Life Size Pizza and Jonathan Wilkins & the Reperations.
Frown Pow’r (Frown Pow’r has cancelled tonight). FYI, Saturday’s show is gonna rule.
There’s plenty more, including music at GoodFolk, Scarpino’s and 21st Amendment, as well as a discussion/reception for local author Eve Agee at Nightbird Books.
Look out below! It’s a list:
- Thursday, February 25, 2010
- UA Student Union: Project XXX Reception
- Walton Arts Center: Art of Wine: Scotch Tasting Seminar
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: New Volunteer Orientation
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jason Strode
- Pesto Cafe: Kevin Bennoch
- Nightbird Books: Eve Agee: Discussion/Reception
- Teatro Scarpino: Big Bad Gina / Speed Dating Event
- Nadine Baum Studios: Preview: TheatreSquared’s Underneath the Lintel
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Guest Artsts – Arkansas Saxophone Quartet Recital
- GoodFolk: Roy Zimmerman
- 21st Amendment: Keith Nicholson
- George’s: Memphis Pencils / Hosta / Cntrl-Alt-Del / Timber!/
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Life Size Pizza / Jonathan Wilkins & the Reparations/