Eighties-era teen actor Corey Haim was found dead early this morning. Reports say he had been suffering from flu-like symptoms for a few days before finally collapsing in his mother’s Los Angeles apartment. TMZ says prescription bottles were found nearby but that he’d been “doing well” and had even been hanging out with his long-time counterpart Corey Feldman.
Haim and Feldman were both in “The Lost Boys,” “License to Drive,” and “Dream a Little Dream.” In 2007, the two also starred in “The Two Coreys,” a 19-episode TV series about the lives of the former child stars living together as adults.
With such sad news, it’s only fitting that we highlight tonight’s dance party at FIX on Dickson Street.
Shamelessly riding coattails of Mr. Tanner Beam’s highly successful ’90s nights at Fix, here comes Baby Armie with ’80s night on Wednesday, March 10.
Organizer Will Simmons says ’80s attire is encouraged but will not be enforced. I say anyone dressing as a Lost Boy should get in free. Actually, scratch that, there’s no cover at FIX tonight. How about Lost Boys get free hover boards?
If you’d rather pour one out for Corey somewhere else, here’s a list of options:
- Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Baum Stadium: Arkansas Razorback Baseball
- Greenhouse Grille: Kevin Baker
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mo Brothers
- OMNI Center: Omni Center Veggie Potluck
- Walton Arts Center: Hairspray
- Teatro Scarpino: Snake Eyes and the Bug Band
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: C. J. Morris Percussion Recital
- The Showcase: Molotov Solution / Upon a Burning Body / The Battle Within
- Fix Ultra Lounge: 80s Night
- George’s: Cody Belew & The Mercers
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Scott Leeper
- Rogue: Rollo Tumasi / Sin Cera / One Rung Ladder