Earlier this morning, the Flyer team had a breakfast meeting at Gaylord’s. APRIL FOOLS! It was at Little Bread Co. Gotcha!
But seriously, I had a bacon, egg and cheese croissant and a latte. APRIL FOOLS! It was just a cup of regular coffee. Hook, line and sinker!
Honestly this time, though, on our way back to the office, we saw a giant elephant on the square. No, seriously!
Besides the obvious First Thursday Fayetteville events tonight, there’s all sorts of things happening around town both during and after the festivities on the square.
Exhibit A: Daniel Francis Doyle returns to town to play a free show at Smoke & Barrel Tavern. Locals Perpetual Werewolf, TIMBER!, and High Magic open the show with Austin’s Woven Bones stuck somewhere in between.
Exhibit C: The Anne Kittrell Art Gallery on the UA campus presents “The Artist,” a photographic documentary of the life of a reclusive artist, Tim West. It’s at 5 p.m. and it’s free. More info here.
Need more proof? Here’s a list:
- Thursday, April 1, 2010
- Pesto Cafe: Kevin Bennoch
- ddp gallery: First Thursday: Found & Fauna
- Fayetteville Square: First Thursday: Art on the Square
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Robert Kain Trumpet Recital
- UA Student Union: “The Artist” Reception/Documentary Premiere
- Fayetteville Underground: First Thursday: Art Openings
- Sound Warehouse: First Thursday: The Great Scotts
- Teatro Scarpino: Big Bad Gina / Watching Lucy
- Walton Arts Center: Rodgers and Hammerstein’s South Pacific
- Cheers: What Army / Rotgut Swine / Pretty Pink Boa
- 21st Amendment: Randall Shreve
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Will Gunselman
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared Presents: Mauritius
- Electric Cowboy: Even Heroes
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Daniel Francis Doyle / Perpetual Werewolf / TIMBER!
- George’s: Ben Miller Band