If you’re in the mood for a good old fashioned Cinco de Mayo pub crawl, you’re on your own tonight. The annual Dickson Street Cantina Crawl has been canceled. Word on the street is that there was a lack of sponsor interest among the Dickson Street businesses this year. Maybe they’ve got other things on their mind these days?
If you really wanna do it unofficial style, though, you’d better be prepared. Last year’s crawl included 18 stops. Eighteen!
Maybe you could hit up all of tonight’s to-do options instead. There aren’t 18 choices, but there are plenty enough to keep you busy for a while.
If you haven’t tried Mojo’s Pints & Pies (old Hogwild Pizza location) yet, tonight might be the best excuse you’ll get in a while. David Kimbrough Jr, son of legendary bluesman Junior Kimbrough will be playing. No joke.
Rather dance? You could at FIX where DJ duo The Dark Arts (Tanner Beam & Nicholas Scott) make a comeback appearance together. There’s no cover and $7 gets you a bucket of beers. Domestics, not Mexican.
My fingers are already tired and that’s only half of it.
- Wednesday, May 5, 2010
- La Huerta – Crossover: Jovan Arellano
- Mojo’s: David Kimbrough Jr.
- US Pizza Co: Matt Smith
- Greenhouse Grille: The Phosphenes
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Wes & Karl
- GoodFolk: Raina Rose & Dru
- Rogue: Antarctichrist / Friday Maybe Saturday / What Army / The Drunkards
- Powerhouse: Neta band
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: some guy named robb
- George’s: Dirtfoot / Mountain Sprout
- Fix Ultra Lounge: The Dark Arts