It rarely fails that the first Thursday night of each month is huge in terms of entertainment options. Tonight is no exception.
Whether that has anything to do with the monthly First Thursday Fayetteville event on the square is yet to be determined.
Don’t worry, I’ve hired four local scientists, two doctors and one of those sign-wielding, pizza-promoting gorillas on the corner of North Street and Leverett working on finding an answer. Between the seven of them, we should know something pretty soon. I’ll fill you in ASAP.
You should seriously consider starting your night off on the Square, especially if you’ve yet to check out First Thursday. It’s free, it’s fun, and to repeat something I wrote a few words ago, it’s free. Plus, it starts around 5 p.m. and is usually over and done with before you’d even head out for the night anyway.
Tonight, there’s an outdoor art walk, a movie, gypsy jazz band Harmonious Wail, and multiple indoor art openings spread across various businesses on the square. For real, you gotta check it out. Oh, and it’s free. (Here’s some more info)
After that, you’ve got your choice of over a dozen funtime events including live music, theater and the 15th Anniversary of the Greening of the Garden at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks.
I’m going to flip a coin. Heads I wrap up this to-do post right now and let you get back to work, tails I wrap up this to-do post right now and let me get back to work.
It was teds.
Here’s the full list:
- Thursday, May 6, 2010
- Fayetteville Underground: First Thursday Fayetteville
- Jammin’ Java: Art for Homeless Animals II
- Foghorn’s on College: Mike and Maliah
- Fayetteville Town Center: Harmonious Wail
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Greening of the Garden
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mo Brothers
- Jose’s: Joe Giles & The Homewreckers
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Effron White
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Two High Strung
- Teatro Scarpino: Candy Lee & the Sweets / Big Bad Gina
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: DJ Hod-I
- Walton Arts Center: Grease
- Powerhouse: Full House
- George’s: Apt. 5 / Theives