There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned leaky roof. You know, the kind that shows no sign of where the leak is coming from, but you know it’s there? Partially because of that faint dripping sound you hear. But mostly because your kitchen ceiling caved in bringing piles of insulation down with it and coating your countertop, cabinets, stove, microwave and floor with sticky, moldy drywall and fiberglass. Ah yeah. That’s what I’m talking about.
If only that were just the introduction to the opposite sketches. Unfortunately, it’s a reality at my house. Know any good roofers?
If the weather holds, two things will brighten the day: 1) I won’t have to soak up puddles of water in my kitchen and 2) You can enjoy the evening on the patio at Powerhouse to the sounds of The Commoners. $5 cover. Starts around 7:30 p.m.
There’s more, too.
- Thursday, May 20, 2010
- Rogue: DJ Warz Sign Up
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Tim Meitzen
- Pesto Cafe: Kevin Bennoch
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Shannon Wurst
- Powerhouse: The Commoners
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: KUAF/Fulbright Second Annual Summer Chamber Music Festival, Concert 1
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Arts Live Theatre presents: The Wizard of Oz
- George’s: Shindig Shop
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Sarah Hughes / Graham Wilkinson