If you missed out on winning tickets to tonight’s Indigo Girls show at the AMP, it looks like there’s still some available . The prices vary, though, and basically depend on how close you wanna be to Emily and Amy.
$15 will put you out near the grass (and the beer), but $75 can pretty much guarantee you an opportunity to reach up on stage and steal an Indigo Girl shoe or two. Of course, you’ll be listening to the rest of the concert from your car if you try that one. Stay in your seat, dummy.
Tiffany Christopher opens that show.
It’s set to be another great Wednesday at FIX. DJ Mel is in town tonight from Austin, but you know what? Never mind that. Something tells me there’s a few of you out there who like to dance but still haven’t checked out FIX on Wednesday nights. Click Mel’s name above to hear a little. Click this sentence to see what you’ve been missing.
Jeff Campbell and Megan Slankard are also in town tonight and are set to play a couple of shows. First they’ll be at Flying Possum Leather on Dickson at 5 p.m. Later in the evening, they’ll be at George’s for an Indigo Girls after party.
The Seedling Film Association is hosting an event called “Seedling’s Short Storm” at the UARK Bowl & Ballroom. They’ll screen some award winning short films, and you can also compete in a short film conception contest, with the winning short getting produced for the upcoming Seedling Film Festival.
Question: Is there anything else to choose from?
Answer: Yes. Eight things, to be exact. And we probably missed a thing or two.
- Wednesday, May 26, 2010
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Seedling’s Short Storm
- Walton Arts Center: The Butterfly Garden (Farfalle) by TPO
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mo Brothers
- US Pizza Co: Effron White
- Greenhouse Grille: Sarah Hughes
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Matt Baird
- Rogue: Fatty Lumpkin / The Blackbirds
- Teatro Scarpino: Candy Lee CD release
- AMP: The Indigo Girls / Tiffany Christopher
- George’s: Megan Slankard / Jeff Campbell
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Matt Smith Group
- Fix Ultra Lounge: DJ Mel