It’s been a busy week on the world wide webs. We know because we’re sitting in one of them right now and things are moving steadier than that trail of ants behind your kitchen sink.
Shortly after that, about 50,000 people discovered the not-so-official Twitter feed of the BP Public Relations team. Example tweet: “Catastrophe is a strong word, let’s all agree to call it a whoopsie daisy.”
Then there was yesterday’s smoking 2-year old. Is 40 cigarettes a day really all that bad? I mean, really?
Let’s take a break from the innernets and find something to do tonight.
George’s has Wade Ogle & The Mad Spirits along with Jason Paul & The New Wine and The Mondo Blackout. You probably noticed we used one of their logos as an image for this post. If not, then notice it.
If you’re into parks and concerts that take place inside them, you’ll be happy to know that the Gulley Park Summer Concert Series kicks off tonight at 7 p.m. You’ll be even happier if you’re a Big’uns fan.
More (in list format):
- Thursday, May 27, 2010
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Barret Baber
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Wes Hart
- Jose’s: Red Ambition
- Gulley Park: Big Uns
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: KUAF/Fulbright 2nd Annual Summer Chamber Music Fest, Concert 2
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Songs in the ‘Ville
- 21st Amendment: Jon C Shorter
- Dickson Theater: Contagious
- Powerhouse: Ultra Suede
- Teatro Scarpino: Snake Eyes & The Bug Band
- Rogue: LaFuSo / The European Sons
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Jeff Kearney
- George’s: Wade Ogle & The Mad Spirits / Jason Paul & The New Wine / The Mondo Blackout