Today we celebrate the statehood of Arkansas. In other words, Happy Birthday to The Natural State. How many years has it been, old pal? 174? Why yes, it has.
In honor of the day, the Washington County Historical Society is featuring a discussion and reenactment of the famous Arkansas Traveler folktale at the Fayetteville Public Library around 5:30 p.m.
It’s a free event and there’ll be speakers and refreshments.
Over at The Perk on Wedington, All OUT June is hosting Time Out Tuesday, a night of music and poetry. Besides coffee, there will be performances by Houston Hughes, Ryann Thorton, Doug Shields, Jori Costello, and Jennifer Nesbitt. Starts around 7 p.m.
Last month’s Youth Bridge fundraiser was rescheduled for tonight due to rain. We hope the same won’t happen again this evening. If it’s dry enough, anyone wishing to help support the organization should head out to Powerhouse at around 7 p.m. The Jason Strode Band will provide the music. Tickets are $15 at the door.
There’s more going on tonight, too. Here’s a list.
- Tuesday, June 15, 2010
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Jose’s: Robert Hatfield
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Tiffany Christopher
- Fayetteville Public Library: Happy 174th Birthday, Arkansas
- Teatro Scarpino: McCleod/Burson Quartet
- Powerhouse: The Jason Strode Band
- The Perk: Time Out Tuesday: Music and Poetry
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Jenga Tournament