Today is my wife and I’s third wedding anniversary. We were married on an incredibly hot Saturday in 2007, but the uncomfortable heat was almost completely overshadowed by the fact that we were surrounded by tons of friends and family.
When my wife was still taking classes at the university, she’d frequently drive by the Clinton House Museum and wonder if they ever rented the place out for weddings. It wasn’t because she was a Clinton fanatic (although this article sure makes it seem that way), but because it was small and seemed like a cute, unique place to tie the knot in Fayetteville.
After a few phone calls, she’d convinced the manager to allow a wedding and in the process, found out that we’d be the first couple to marry there since Bill and Hillary did so in October 1975.
We received a letter from the former president wishing us luck in the future, got our picture on the front page of the newspaper, and have since had a few dozen Clinton fans contact us for stories, advice, or just to say congrats.
I find it pretty coincidental that former President Clinton will be in Northwest Arkansas today. We’ve heard rumors that he’s stopping by the museum sometime this afternoon, but couldn’t get anyone to confirm it. Maybe the newly named street (and already installed signs) will entice him. Stakeout, anyone?
I plan on having a nice dinner with my wife this evening, but you guys should figure out something else to do.
Details? How about a list:
- Wednesday, August 11, 2010
- Greenhouse Grille: Candy Lee & The Sweets
- La Huerta – Crossover: Darren Ray
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Effron White
- US Pizza Co: Josh & Friends
- Uncle Gaylord’s: Shane McClure AKA Jack Cain
- Guido’s Pizza: Patrick McCoy
- Mojo’s: Johnny Arrendondo
- Rogue: Willie J & The Storytellers
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Urban Achievers Wii Bowling League Night
- George’s: Atom Smash / Even Heroes / SPiNRaD
- Fix Ultra Lounge: Keeping it Classy @ FIX