Did anyone make it out to the Washington County Fair yesterday? If not, don’t worry, you didn’t miss it. There’s still a few days left.
I ask because yesterday was $1 admission day which would’ve left you with an extra four bucks to spend at Knife Game. That’s 20 rings, which if you’re as good of a ring tosser as my friend Bryan, equals about 11 knives.
Seriously. Knife Game. Try it.
While you’re sitting around waiting for the rain, try and plan your evening. You’ll have a head start on everyone which will leave plenty of time to decide whether or not you’re going to cough up a few bucks for a parking spot on Dickson Street to keep your head dry tonight.
There’s a good show at George’s tonight. McAllen, Texas-based Dignan is in town and is playing with Farewell Flight and locals We Are Kilroy. Flight is likely the headliner, but if this drought we’re under finally breaks and you’re not listening to Dignan in the middle of our first rain in weeks, you’ll be sorry. Listen to “Whistler.” It’s a perfect soundtrack.
There’s a couple of interesting things happening on campus. Besides a poetry slam inside RZ’s, you can get the inside word on whether or not a group of filmmakers who are in town will need any extras or not. More on that here.
There’s plenty more happening. Candy Lee is at Greenhouse Grille, the definitely-not-called-the-gong-show is at Smoke & Barrel, and there’s DJs at both FIX and Zooloo’s.
From the calendar
- Arts & Entertainment
- Garner Home: Starry Starry Night Almost Van Gogh Masterpiece Challenge
- Washington County Fairgrounds: Washington County Fair
- UA Student Union: Madison County Film Q & A Session
- UA Student Union: Poetry Slam
- Greenhouse Grille: Candy Lee & The Sweets
- George’s: Farewell Flight / Dignan / Kilroy
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The Cease & Desist Judged Open Mic
- Fix Ultra Lounge: Zac Slade
- Zooloo’s: Dubstep party