Another Tuesday, another handful of non-Fayetteville news blurbs. Impress your co-workers and win over the potential love of your life with the following pieces of vital information.
Joaquin Phoenix is set to appear Late Show with David Letterman next Wednesday (Sept. 22). It’ll be his first sit down with Letterman since he freaked the freak out on the show last February. The reason for the freakfest: This.
Speaking of movies, are you going to see the new Facebook movie? Believe it or not, the reviews are pretty good.
I was about to ask if it was just me or if anyone else wonders why MTV still hosts the Video Music Awards seeing as music videos are nearly non-existent on the network. Then I found this headline:
MTV VMAs draws record ratings. Yup, it’s just me.
Back to Fayetteville. So what’s happening today? Lots, really.
For starters, the mayor will officially launch the Find it in Fayetteville campaign at 11 a.m. this morning at the NWA Mall near the food court. I’ll be there partially for the launch and partially to Find a Chicken Sandwich in Fayetteville.
This evening, there’s a Jewelry Happy Hour benefit for the NWA Women’s Shelter at The Wine Cellar which starts around 5 p.m. Also around then, Ozark Natural Foods is hosting a cooking demo with David Lewis of Brick House Kitchen.
Just down the street at Rogue, top-rated Arkansas slam poet Jeremy Sparkman teams up with DJ Domewrekka to host Bass on Your Breath, a poetry dance party. I hear there’s prizes involved. And pizza.
There’s more on the list for tonight, too. Check it.
From the calendar
- Arts & Entertainment
- NWA Mall: Buy Fayetteville Campaign Launch
- Ozark Natural Foods: Cooking Demonstration
- The Wine Cellar: Jewelry Happy Hour benefiting the NWA Women’s Shelter
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Garden Walk: Fall Blooming Perennials
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Rogue: Bass on Your Breath (A Poetry Dance Party!)
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Jon Dennie
- Jose’s: Big Bad Bubba
- George’s: The Riflemen / No Name Kicker