Whether you attended or just walked by the Smash Mouth concert on Dickson Street a couple of weekends ago, you know how packed it was.
Like ’em or not, those guys can fill an entire 300-space parking lot and get everyone singing, “Hey now, you’re an all star,” eleven years after the the song was on the radio.
If you’re wondering why the stage they played on is still set up at the south end of the lot, let me remind you about a little thing called Bikes, Blues & BBQ.
Believe it or not, it’s next week. No joke.
The Seedling Film Association is holding a fun event tonight at the UARK Bowl & Ballroom. It’s a party to celebrate their new Offshoot Film Festival and everyone’s welcome. They’ll announce the official selections that will be screened at next month’s (Oct. 7-10) festival, complete with trailers of the full length features to give a taste of what’s to come. Ren Lovely will provide music and things should get started at about 7 p.m. Cover charge is $10, or $5 with a student ID.
B.B. King is at Walton Arts Center, but it’s already sold out. If you’re going, you’ve already got tickets. Moving on.
Alt-country fans pay attention. American Aquarium is at George’s tonight with locals The Bobby Drivers. AA describe themselves as “equal parts Springsteen-esque rock bravado, old-school country lyrical heartbreak, and indie-rock introspection.” Lately, they sound more Springsteen than old-school country. I’m fine with either one, though. FYI, The Bobby Drivers will have their new EP, “The Isolation Sessions” available tonight. Nice.
Elsewhere, Scott Leeper’s at Smoke & Barrel, Matt Smith’s at Whole Earth, and Pope County Bootleggers are at Herman’s.
There’s plenty more, too.
From the calendar
- Fayetteville Country Club: Pagnozzi Charity Golf Tournament
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Pope County Bootleggers
- Foghorn’s on College: Ben Coulter
- Arts Live Theatre: Arts Live: Bang Bang You’re Dead
- Louie’s Bar & Grill: Jones’n Leah
- Mojo’s: Derek & Ricky
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mike & Grady
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Tuba Euphonium Studio Recital
- Nadine Baum Studios: T2: Alfred Hitchcock’s The 39 Steps
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Offshoot Film Festival Film Announcement
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: Legalizing marijuana discussion
- Walton Arts Center: B.B. King
- Whole Earth Organic Lounge: Matt Smith Trio / Claudia Burson
- Teatro Scarpino: Salsa Night
- George’s: The Bobby Drivers / American Aquarium
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Scott Leeper