I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Taffy is delicious. Actually, nevermind. That was someone else’s quote.
Ah yes, mine was something about loving hoodie weather. I think the actual quote was “Hoodie weather is great.” Or maybe just “I love hoodie weather.” You can’t argue with either statement. Hoodie weather is delicious.
We don’t know what the folks over at Smoke & Barrel have cooked up for tomorrow night, but there’s certainly something brewing. We just received their monthly Facebook message of upcoming shows and I’ll use the following quotes as evidence:
- “Friday could turn out to be one of the best nights of hip-hop in the whole damn state.”
- “…there’s still somebody coming that night that is even more amazing, even more legendary.”
- “He’s so big, in fact, that we can’t announce his name till the night of.”
- “…if I’ve ever wanted to tell you something, it’s right now.”
So there’s an idea for those of you who aren’t spending the weekend at the Harvest Music Festival on Mulberry Mountain.
Today’s not the weekend so don’t get ahead of yourself. There are plenty of things going on, though.
- Mulberry Mountain (Ozark, AR): Harvest Music Festival
- Greenhouse Grille: Green Drinks
- Whole Earth Organic Lounge: Elephant Revival / Cadre / Candy Lee
- Walton Arts Center: Straight No Chaser
- UA Student Union: Dr. Sha Jin Lecture on Value of HeLa Cells
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: Native Bees are Declining: The Search for Causes
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mike & Grady
- Rogue: Friday, Maybe Saturday / Machete Archive
- George’s: Todd Snider
- Farrell’s Lounge: Creative Spirits: A CEAG Social
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Sarah Hughes
- 21st Amendment: Jovan Arellano
- Speakeasy: Dubstep Thursdays
- Subdivision Committee: City Hall, Room 326 – 9:00 a.m.
- FFEAC Inclusion Group: City Hall, Room 111 – 11:45 a.m.
- Airport Board: Airport Conference Room – 1:30 p.m.
- Environmental Action Committee: City Hall, Room 111 – 5:30 p.m.
- Creative Economy Action Group: New Design School – 5:30 p.m.
- Historic District Commission: City Hall, Room 326 – 5:30 p.m.
- Redesign Young Adult Section Input Session: Public Library, Young Adult Section – 6:30 p.m.