Word on the street is that Mayor Jordan is doing just fine. And by “street” I mean I saw the news on KNWA last night and in a free newspaper that was delivered to our door this morning. Turns out, the news came at the city council agenda session that we weren’t able to attend yesterday.
We spoke with Mayor Jordan today and he told us he is indeed back at work and doing fine.
“The doctor told me my right carotid artery is 100 percent blocked and there’s nothing that can be done,” he said. “It’s history.”
Turns out, he’s got a possibly magical set of arteries in his neck and the left took over for the right. Sort of. Read more here.
There’s a lot of fun to be had tonight.
Prefer to dance? FIX has a Halloween Kickoff party tonight at 10 p.m. Bizar, Merl, and resident DJ EQ are set to spin.
- UA Mullins Library: Discover Arkansas in the Archives
- Arts Live Theatre: Night of the Living Dead
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: Screening of “Solar Energy, Saved by the Sun”
- Greenhouse Grille: Sarah Hughes
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mo Brothers
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- Nightbird Books: Reading Liberally Book Club
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: UA Trombone Ensemble Concert – Directed by Gerald Sloan
- Teatro Scarpino: Salsa Dance Lessons
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Ryan Bingham / The Rustlanders
- UA Campus: Urinetown: The Musical
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Faunxz / Niall / Send+Return
- Fix: Halloween Kickoff With Bizar & Merl