Fans of the Catfish Hole restaurant need not worry. The fire that briefly had the Twitterverse up in arms (fingers?) last night was quickly extinguished and didn’t cause enough damage to keep the place closed too long.
Battalion Chief Campos told us it could be 2 to 14 days before the health department gives the final OK to open, but KFSM and KHOG are both reporting that the owners have been given the green light to open today at 11:30 a.m. In other words, B(MF)P Live should be good to go for tomorrow night.
This is great news considering there are about a million devoted Catfish Holers out there (myself included) who might not be able to make it too long without a regular catch of filets and an endless supply of those magical hush puppies.
Tonight’s list is longer than yesterday’s, but not by much. You see, the world is getting us ready for an onslaught of tough to-do choices which will hit tomorrow and then explode on Thursday.
Comedian and 2006 Last Comic Standing winner Josh Blue will perform at the Fayetteville Town Center tonight to help support local children with cerebral palsy, autism and other impairments. Blue himself has cerebral palsy, and tends to focus on it in his humor (see embedded video below). Ashlyn Metheny and the Wranglers will provide the music. For more info and tickets, visit joshbluenwa.com
The full list
- Fayetteville Public Library: AAUW hosts First Lady Ginger Beebe
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: Empty Bowls Fundraiser
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Kris Still – Trumpet Recital
- Walton Arts Center: UA Percussion Ensemble Concert
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- UA Student Union: Nadi Cinema
- Fayetteville Town Center: Josh Blue comedy
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Evans Blue with Taddy Porter
Fayetteville Public Meetings
- FFEAC Transportation Group: City Hall, Room 111 – 8:30 a.m.
- Walton Arts Center Council Board Meeting: Walton Arts Center – 4:00 p.m.
- City Council Agenda Session (Tentative Agenda): City Hall, Room 326 – 4:30 p.m.
- Budget Discussion Other Funds: City Hall, Room 326 – 5:30 p.m.
- Water & Sewer Committee: City Hall, Room 326 – 6:15 p.m.