It’s Veterans Day and what better a way to celebrate the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the year than to march along Dickson Street in honor of our military veterans.
For the first time since I can remember, there’s a Veterans Day parade in Fayetteville this year. The march starts at 11 a.m. on the corner of Dickson Street and Highland Ave. (one block from College Ave.) and will head to West Avenue, Lafayette Street, and back to Highland.
Of course, if you don’t work for the city, a bank, or the USPS, you might have to do some sweet talkin’ to your boss if you want to get off work for an hour or so.
See you there?
Tonight is packed with celebratory options.
In case you missed our interview with Go-Go Amy, there’s a burlesque/sword/fire/sideshow extravaganza at Smoke & Barrel Tavern tonight. There’s a $10 cover and the show should start at around 9 p.m.
There’s another great show at Maxine’s set for tonight with Perpetual Werewolf, Fauxnz, We Are Kilroy, and The Counterlife. Also on the music front, GoodFolk hosts Sarah McQuaid and it’s Dubstep Thursday at Speakeasy.
There’s an open house and silent auction at Bike City, two fundraising events on the square, and the Arkansas Razorback men’s basketball team takes on Victory in their final exhibition game at 7 p.m. in Bud Walton Arena.
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Herb Club of NWA
- Fayetteville Town Center: The OPEN BOOK AFFAIR 2010
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mike & Grady
- Bike City Recyclery: Open House and Silent Auction
- East Square Plaza: Top Chefs and Rock Stars
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: UA Saxophone Chamber Orchestra Recital
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Composting for Beginners
- GoodFolk: Sarah McQuaid
- Walton Arts Center: Spring Awakening
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Turnpike Troubadours
- Maxine’s: Perpetual Werewolf / Fauxnz / We Are Kilroy / The Counterlife
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Pretty Things Peepshow
- Speakeasy: Dubstep Thursday