Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Thiel
Ward 2 Position 1 – Kyle B. Cook
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Robert K. Rhoads
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Shirley Lucas
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah E. Lewis
Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
December 7, 2010
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on December 7, 2010 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
- America in Bloom
- Approval of the November 16, 2010 City Council meeting minutes.
- Bobcat Skid Steer Loader Budget Adjustment (Resolution 177-10): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $43,000.00 to provide funding for the purchase of a Bobcat skid steer loader authorized by Resolution No. 177-10.
- Arkansas State Police Drug Task Force General Improvement Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a non-matching Arkansas State Police Drug Task Force General Improvement Grant in the amount of $38,604.00 for the purchase of two (2) undercover law enforcement vehicles, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Arkansas State Police Special State Asset Forfeiture Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a non-matching Arkansas State Police Special State Asset Forfeiture Grant in the amount of $19,302.00 for the purchase of an undercover law enforcement vehicle, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Arkansas State Police Trunking Radio System General Improvement Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a non-matching Arkansas State Police Trunking Radio System General Improvement Grant in the amount of $36,000.00 for the purchase of eight (8) portable radios, and approving a budget adjustment.
- Police Department Unit Replacement: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $25,000.00 to recognize insurance settlement proceeds related to the total loss of a police department undercover vehicle and to establish an appropriation for a replacement.
- Heckathorn Construction Company, Inc. Bid #10-66: A resolution awarding Bid #10-66 and authorizing the construction and installation of electrical generators by Heckathorn Construction Company, Inc. in the amount of $78,502.00 for use by the Fire Department.
- City of Greenland Wastewater Contract: A resolution approving a contract extension with the City of Greenland for the operation and maintenance of its wastewater collection system.
- Crossover Road Water and Sewer Relocation AHTD-Utility Agreement: A resolution approving a water and sewer utility relocation expense cost-sharing agreement with the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department related to the widening of Crossover Road (State Highway 265) between Mission Boulevard and Joyce Boulevard.
- Baird, Kurtz & Dobson (BKD), LLP: A resolution approving a contract with Baird, Kurtz & Dobson (BKD), LLP, in the amount of $84,200.00 to provide independent audit services to the City of Fayetteville.
- Happy Hollow Elementary Easement: A resolution to modify the tree preservation easement for Happy Hollow Elementary located west of Crossover Road, one-half mile north of Huntsville Road.
- Butterfield Trail Village Project Revenue Bond: A resolution to ratify the resolution of the Fayetteville Public Facilities Board approving refunding revenue bonds (Butterfield Trail Village Project), Series 2010 in a principal amount of not to exceed nineteen million dollars ($19,000,000.00)
B. Unfinished Business:
- 2011 Annual Budget & Work Program: A resolution adopting the 2011 Annual Budget and Work Program. This resolution was tabled at the November 16, 2010 City Council meeting to the December 7, 2010 City Council meeting.
- SouthPass Amendment No. 1: An ordinance approving Amendment No. 1 to a residential planned zoning district entitled R-PZD 08-2898 SouthPass to amend the phasing plan, reduce the project acreage and density, rezone a portion of the property to RSF-0.5, amend Condition No. 10 regarding the $1 million contribution and change the name of the PZD. This ordinance was left on the Second reading at the November 16, 2010 City Council meeting.
Left on the Second Reading
C. New Business:
- VAC 10-3662 (Oakbrooke Ph III): An ordinance approving VAC 10-3662 submitted by Bates and Associates for property located in the Oakbrooke Subdivision, to vacate existing utility easements and tree preservation areas and re-dedicate them in the proper location, as described herein.
- Regional Urban Stormwater Education Program: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a Memorandum of Understanding with the MS4 Jurisdictions and the Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission in the amount of $44,551.97 for the Regional Urban Stormwater Education Program to be provided by the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service to satisfy portions of the NPDES Phase II Stormwater permit requirements.
- Amend Ordinance No. 5356: An ordinance amending Ordinance No. 5356 concerning parking regulations by removing the sunset provision.
- Amend §72.18 Residential Parking Permit Program for the Entertainment District Parking Zone: An ordinance amend §72.18 Residential Parking Permit Program for the Entertainment District Parking Zone of the Fayetteville Code to allow one additional hour of public free parking (1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.) on Sundays and to adopt an amended residential parking district map changing some paid parking spaces to mixed-use or residential permit only spaces.
- Amend §72.50 & §72.58: An ordinance to amend Article III Parking Meters of Chapter 72 Parking Regulations of the Fayetteville Code by changing the paid parking space designation of certain streets, by changing the maximum daily rate for paid parking to $5.00, by eliminating a monthly paid parking program for gated city lots and for other purposes.
- Amend §72.99 Penalties: An ordinance to amend §72.99 Penalties of Chapter 72 Parking Regulations to set the fine for overtime parking at $15.00 and to limit issuing a parking citation to once within a four hour period.
- Repeal §156.03 Flood Damage Prevention Code: An ordinance to repeal the direct appeal to Circuit Court Provision of §156.03 (C)(6) Flood Damage Prevention Code.
- R & P Electroplating Donation Deed: A resolution to authorize Mayor Jordan to sign the application for donation deed for the former R & P Electroplating property and a Brownfields Agreement.
City Council Tour:
December 14, 2010
City Council & Library Board of Trustees Meet and Greet
Fayetteville Public Library
Drop-In from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
All interested parties may appear and be heard before the City Council. If you wish to address the City Council on an agenda item please queue behind the podium when the Chair asks for public comment. Once the chair recognizes you, go to the podium and give your name and address. Address your comments to the Chair, who is the presiding officer. The Chair will direct your comments to the appropriate elected official, staff member or others for response. Please keep your comments brief, to the point and relevant to the agenda item being considered so that everyone has a chance to speak.
Interpreters or TDD for hearing impaired are available for all City Council meetings, a 72 hour advance notice is required. For further information or to request an interpreter, please call 575-8330.
As a courtesy please turn off all cell phones and pagers.
A copy of the City Council agenda is available at accessfayetteville.org or in the office of the City Clerk, 113 West Mountain, Fayetteville, Arkansas.