Tonight is likely the final opportunity to speak up if you have a problem with paid parking.
The City Council is meeting at 6 p.m. and on the agenda is a discussion on how the new plan has panned out now that staff has had a few months to evaluate it.
If the rumors are true, there will be a pack of wild Dickson Street business owners and even a mobilized group of patrons who are fed up. Of course, that’s what the rumors told us last time paid parking was on the agenda and it wasn’t exactly crowded in the council’s chambers.
Regardless of the turnout, we’ll be there and as always, we’ll let you know what happened.
If you’re not standing in line all night at Radio Shack waiting to get your hands on a $25 iPhone 4, there are a handful of options for fun below.
There’s a synth punk show at Rogue (following the poetry slam) with Miniature Colossal Men, a free show on Mt. Sequoyah with Randall Shreve, a Dead Day Eve party at George’s, and the UA Symphony Orchestra is at Walton Arts Center.
Arts & Entertainment
- Ozark Natural Foods: Staff Artist Reception
- Fayetteville Town Center: It’s a Wonderful Life Gala & Roast
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Mt. Sequoyah: “Music on the Mountain” w/ Randall Shreve
- US Pizza Co: Holiday Drag Bingo
- Walton Arts Center: UA Symphony Orchestra Concert
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Goose & The Heat / Bob Kramer Incident / Ayrveda
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Guest Artist Recital, Alissa Margulis – Violin and Jura Margulis – Piano
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Poetry Slam / Miniature Colossal Men