I can’t tell if that sound I hear is a city full of crickets or if it’s just a bunch of tiny icicles forming on my eardrums.
Either way, it’s going to be a slow, cold night in Fayetteville.
If your Monday morning is slow, too, here are a few tidbits to hold you over until lunch.
Whether you’re a sports fan or not, it’s an interesting note that Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino has a new contract which includes an $18 million buyout for the first two years. Think about that for a second. If the man leaves Arkansas – which ESPN all but guaranteed that he would – the UA gets $18 million. I’m pretty sure he’ll be here for a while.
Five months after its second failed attempt, Walmart is once again trying to set up shop in New York City. This time, they may try for smaller stores in order to bypass the City Council who, a year ago, denied a redevelopment plan in the Bronx.
You may have heard that the roof of the Metrodome, the home of the Minnesota Vikings, collapsed this weekend under the weight of a bajillion tons of snow. But did you see the photos? Better yet, the video?
OK, back to work.
Here are today’s to-do choices:
- Trinity United Methodist: MOPS Fayetteville Meeting
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Effron White
- The Perk: Open Acoustic Jam
- Whole Earth Organic Lounge: Fayetteville Drum and Dance Circle
- Pre-Bid Meeting: Bid 10-70: Sewer & Water Building – 2:00 p.m.
- Advertising and Promotion Commission*: Town Center – 2:00 p.m.
- Planning Commission*: City Hall, Room 219 – 5:30 p.m.
- Animal Services Advisory Board*: City Hall, Room 111 – 6:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel