We weren’t exactly sure how the news of a Waffle House on Dickson Street would go over with the people of Fayetteville. Turns out, the answer is really, really well.
In fact, yesterday’s brief mention that a Waffle House is coming to the Underwood Plaza is a few clicks away from netting 350 mentions on Facebook and 60 tweets. And very few of them are negative.
Maybe it’s the food. Or maybe it’s the 24-hour aspect. Either way, note to self: People love Waffle House.
It’s a little too cold outside for us to do much bike riding, but we’re seriously considering stopping by Phat Tire Bike Shop this evening for one of their twice-monthly bike maintenance courses. It could come in handy once the weather is a little warmer. The classes are free, but are limited to 10 people. Call ahead (966-4308) to save yourself a spot.
Elsewhere, it’s Dubstep Thursday at Speakeasy, Cadillac Jackson is at George’s and Maxine’s has Zack Bramhall.
Here’s the rest:
- Ozark Natural Foods: Food Tasting Demonstration
- Fayetteville Public Library: Library Hosts Free Flix for Teens
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Maud Crawford
- Phat Tire Bike Shop: Phat Tire Maintenance Class
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Maxine’s Tap Room: Zack Bramhall
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Cadillac Jackson / Mas Agua
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Brandy Armstrong
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: some guy named robb
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Genome Chomsky / Fauxnz / Meat Sweat
- Speakeasy: Dubstep Thursdays: Step Child
- Women’s Basketball: Arkansas vs. Georgia – Fayetteville – 8:00 p.m.
Subdivision CommitteeCanceled: City Hall, Room 326 – 4:00 p.m.
- FFEAC Inclusion Group: City Hall, Room 111 – 12:00 p.m.
- Airport Board: Airport Conference Room – 1:30 p.m.
- Bid Opening: Bid 11-15: City Hall, Room 326 – 2:00 p.m.
- Historic District Commission: City Hall, Room 326 – 5:30 p.m.
- Creative Economy Action Group: New Design School – 5:30 p.m.