Following snow that canceled public schools for two days and a single-digit freezout in Fayetteville last week, Weather Rick is predicting sunny skies and temperatures that will climb into the lower 60s by Friday.
Get out your flip flops, Fayetteville.
(Don’t get out your flip flops)
Today is local music compilation day.
First of all, we noticed on Jeff Kearney’s Facebook page that the Fayetteville 2011 CD is now available for purchase at Sound Warehouse. Do you know where Sound Warehouse is? If not, click these words for some help.
Also, tonight is the release party for “Peace from the Hills,” a 23-track compilation of songs and poetry by local musicians and writers intended to help support the end of the war in Afghanistan.
The party starts at 7 p.m. this evening at Arsaga’s on Crossover, and featured poets and musicians from the project will be performing.
Admission is free, but donations will be accepted.
Can’t make the party? Then just buy a copy at CD Baby.
Other than that, there’s Wii bowling at Smoke & Barrel, Rollo Tumasi at Rogue, D*fresh & Morpheeus at FIX and a few more choices below.
- Common Grounds: Three on a Wire
- Greenhouse Grille: Sarah Hughes / Dave Gesualdo
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Jazz sit-in w/ Johnny Arrendondo
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Peace from the Hills CD release
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Urban Achievers Wii Bowling
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Rollo Tumasi
- Fix: D*fresh & Morpheeus
- Civil Service Commission Rules and Regulations Meeting: City Hall, Room 111 – 8:15 a.m.
- Bid Opening: Bid 11-17, Sewer Flow Monitors: City Hall, Room 326 – 2:00 p.m.
- Future Land Use Map Meeting: City Hall, Room 111 – 3:00 p.m.
- Ordinance Review Committee*: City Hall, Room 326 – 4:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk