Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Thiel
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah E. Lewis
Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
February 1, 2011
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on February 1, 2011 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
City Council Agenda Session Presentations:
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
- Approval of the January 18, 2011 City Council meeting minutes.
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG): A resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) agreement for 2011 when received in the estimated amount of $700,000.00.
- Ranger’s Pantry Pet Food Bank: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $1,861.55 representing donation revenue received for the Ranger’s Pantry Pet Food Bank.
- Joe Perme Construction Inc. Change Order: A resolution approving a change order to the contract with Joe Perme Construction Inc. in the amount of $2,700.00 for Community Development Block Grant rehabilitation at 1932 South Garland.
- Pinkley Sales Company and Smith Two-Way Radio, Inc. Donation Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $300.00 representing donation revenue received for the Fire Department’s annual employee service awards events.
- Civil Service Trials Legal Representation: A resolution to approve contracts with law firms selected by the Police and Fire Chiefs to represent them during any civil service trials in 2011 with options to renew.
B. Unfinished Business: None
C. New Business:
- VAC 10-3707 (Kum & Go): An ordinance approving VAC 10-3707 submitted by CEI Engineering Associates, Inc. for property located at 2396 North College Avenue, to vacate an existing sewer easement on the property, as described herein.
- RZN 10-3724 (Boudreaux/Thiel, 120 & 124 Sycamore Street): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 10-3724, for approximately 1.28 acres, located at 120 and 124 Sycamore Street from R-O, Residential Office, to C-S, Community Services.
- Amend §71.170 Restriction of Type of Vehicles Allowed on City Trails: An ordinance to amend §71.170 Restriction of Type of Vehicles Allowed on City Trails of the Fayetteville Code to allow some pedicab use and use of gas powered vehicles on limited segments of trails when necessary.
- Amend Title XV: ADM 09-3480 (Streamside Protection): An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville, to amend Chapter 155: Appeals, Chapter 156: Variances, and Chapter 168: Flood Damage Prevention Code in order to establish Streamside Protection Zones and adopt a Protected Streams map and Best Management Practices Manual.
- Huntingdon Heights Appeal: An appeal of the City Engineer’s determination regarding the driveway approach at 3172 Warwick Dr.
All interested parties may appear and be heard before the City Council. If you wish to address the City Council on an agenda item please queue behind the podium when the Chair asks for public comment. Once the chair recognizes you, go to the podium and give your name and address. Address your comments to the Chair, who is the presiding officer. The Chair will direct your comments to the appropriate elected official, staff member or others for response. Please keep your comments brief, to the point and relevant to the agenda item being considered so that everyone has a chance to speak.
Interpreters or TDD for hearing impaired are available for all City Council meetings, a 72 hour advance notice is required. For further information or to request an interpreter, please call 575-8330.
As a courtesy please turn off all cell phones and pagers.
A copy of the City Council agenda is available at accessfayetteville.org or in the office of the City Clerk, 113 West Mountain, Fayetteville, Arkansas.