March is a bittersweet month in Fayetteville. On one hand, it’s great that bands tend to stop here on their way to Austin for South by Southwest. On the other hand, it’s an annual reminder that our city is no longer a regular destination for many musicians.
Things have picked up recently, though, with a handful of new and growing venue calendars.
There’s also Rogue’s new promoter Haley Shelton. Originally from Little Rock, Shelton put in time booking at Vino’s, Juanita’s and Sticky Fingerz.
Fortunately for us all, Shelton seems to be dead set on adding another feather to her cap here in Fayetteville.
Last week’s Rogue calendar featured names like Amy LaVere and Jucifer – both of which are welcome additions to the touring scene.
This week, we’ll have the opportunity to see bands like NYC-based folk rock trio The Spring Standards (tonight) as well as Colour Revolt and Young Buffalo (Saturday).
Here’s hoping the likes of this month’s goodness will end up back in our neck of the woods before another year has passed.
- Common Grounds: DJ SoulFree
- OMNI Center: OMNI Veggie Potluck
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: UA Local Harvest
- Greenhouse Grille: Lacy Morris
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mo Brothers
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Jazz w/ Johnny Arrendondo
- Mt. Comfort Presbyterian Church: ACA Meeting
- Rogue Pizza Co.: The Spring Standards / Noise Letter
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Urban Achievers Wii Bowling
- Fix: FIX Wednesdays w/ Wes Luker & DJ Merl
- City Hall: Tree and Landscape Advisory Committee * – 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall: Nominating Committee Interviews – 5:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk