With the Dalai Lama arriving in Fayetteville in just over a month, the University of Arkansas’ seven-month-long film and book series is nearing its end.
The final book discussion takes place tonight at the Fayetteville Public Library and will be repeated tomorrow in the Union Theater on campus. Both events begin at 7 p.m.
Up for discussion this time around is Toward a True Kinship of Faiths in which the Dalai Lama explores how people can appreciate different religions without compromising commitments to their own faith.
Also tonight, there are a handful of live music choices around town as well as a Mayor’s Town Hall Meeting at 7 p.m. in the Fayetteville Senior Center
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Wiley Seeger
- Fayetteville Public Library: The Dalai Lama Film and Book Series
- The Perk: Open acoustic jam
- Pesto Cafe: Darren Ray
- Just Mondays: Sarah Hughes
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk