Some exciting news surfaced recently. In case you missed it, the Fayetteville square will soon have a free Wi-Fi network set up for anyone interested in surfing the world wide webernets. Use it while sitting on a bench, on a rock, in your car, or even on someone’s shoulders (unnecessary/not recommended).
The program is a partnership between Cox Communications, the city, and a few local businesses who were willing to allow a transmitter on their building.
If all goes as planned, the system should be up and running by this Saturday, which is the opening day of the Fayetteville Farmers’ Market.
Yonder Mountain String Band is set to play in Fayetteville tonight at George’s Majestic Lounge on Dickson Street. While you’re there, walk across the street and take a look at all of the messages written on the boards covering the windows of Flying Possum Leather.
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Walton Arts Center: Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Yonder Mountain String Band
- Rogue Pizza Co.: .357 String Band
- Teatro Scarpino: Calle Soul: Latin Jazz/Salsa
UA Greek Theater: The Airborne Toxic Event– Canceled
- City Hall: City Council Agenda Session * (agenda) – 4:30 p.m.
- City Hall: Equipment Committee * – 5:15 p.m.
- City Hall: Partners for Better Housing Special Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
- City Hall: Street Committee * (agenda) – 6:15 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk