Yesterday was a busy day here at the Flyer. After posting a to-do post, a story about free Wi-Fi on the square, and a recap of Monday night’s Town Hall Meeting, we put the finishing touches on the details surrounding Bacon Day 3, posted this week’s sponsor deals, and made about a dozen more Instagram friends. Just before heading out the door to City Hall and to an interview at 4 p.m., we got word that Flying Possum Leather might soon be reopening.
Today looks to be more of the same, but that’s OK because tonight offers a ton of choices for leaving the workday behind. At least for a few hours.
Smoke & Barrel Tavern has Free Moral Agents, a collective of musicians including Ikey Owens of The Mars Volta. Props to the folks at S&B for continuing to bring these guys back to Fayetteville each year. Local goodness Voyageurs opens the show. Cost: $5 at the door.
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Lecture on “Practicing Practice” by Professor Daniel Silver
- Common Grounds: Tiffany Christopher
- Greenhouse Grille: Sarah Hughes
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Darren Ray
- UA Student Union: New York Film Academy Roadshow
- Walton Arts Center: Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Hayes Carll / Shovels and Rope / Sarah Hughes
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Forgetting Last Friday / The Town That Dreaded Sundown
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Free Moral Agents / Voyageurs
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Johny Arrendondo
- Fix: FIX Wednesdays – West Coast Connection with DJ HAVOK
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk