With last night’s news that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was killed by U.S. troops, many folks will likely spend Monday evening watching the aftermath coverage of this monumental event.
Details, questions and opinions will continue to emerge for days to come just as they have been all morning long.
Here are a few of the interesting links we’ve found today concerning the death of bin Laden:
» Video footage from inside Osama Bin Laden’s compound (Mashable)
» Newspaper front pages from Monday morning (Huffington Post)
» Twitter user unknowingly reported bin Laden attack (CNN)
» The Navy SEALs who hunted and killed bin Laden (ABC News)
If you need a break from it all, there are a few choices below for Monday night fun, but as usual for a Monday, the list is short.
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Saxophone Recital / Piano Concert
- Inn at Carnall Hall: Concert on the Lawn Fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Stevie Tombstone
- Fayetteville Public Library: BookTalk@Night: Per Petterson’s Out Stealing Horses
- Pesto Cafe: Darren Ray
- The Perk: Open acoustic jam
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Karaoke night
- City Hall, Room 111: Civil Service Commission Election of Officers – 8:30 a.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Board of Adjustments * – 3:45 p.m.
- City Hall, Mayor’s Office: City Council Tour (Fayetteville Executive Airport) – 4:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 219: Planning Commission * – 5:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Parks and Recreation Advisory Board * – 5:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk