Austin-based musician (and music award stockpiler) Bob Schneider is in town tonight for a show at George’s Majestic Lounge.
Schneider brought home his 25th Austin Music Award this year for Best Male Vocals, but it was at last year’s ceremony where he really stocked up. Besides picking up awards for songwriter, song of the year, male vocals, album of the year, and band of the year, Schneider was named Austin’s Musician of the Year. Props.
Three weeks ago, Schneider celebrated his latest release, A Perfect Day, but iTunes isn’t the only place to find info on his music. IMDb lists him on seven movie soundtracks including “Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” and “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.”
Admission is $18 and Keith Nicholson opens the show.
There’s more tonight, too. Here’s the list:
- UA Campus: SHOP Conference
- Mill District Lot: Fayetteville Farmers’ Market evening
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: 16th Annual Greening of the Garden
- Fayetteville Public Library: Connotations release party
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Russ Hutchison
- Jose’s: 6 Speed Overdrive – Bike Night
- Powerhouse Seafood: LaFuSo
- Foghorn’s on College: Ben Coulter
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: String Bandits
- Teatro Scarpino: The David Starr Band
- Herman’s Ribhouse: John Dennie
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Bob Schneider Band / Keith Nicholson
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Mane / The People In the Paper
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Basement Brew
- City Hall, Room 111: FFEAC Inclusion Group – 12:00 p.m.
- Airport Conference Room: Airport Board * – 1:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Environmental Action Committee * – 5:30 p.m.
- New Design School: FFEAC Creative Economy Group – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk