If you’re headed to Mulberry Mountain tomorrow and you don’t plan on spending Wakarusa Eve in front of the TV, there’s a pre-festival party at George’s Majestic Lounge tonight featuring three Waka-bound bands.
Free-pre-Waka party. Not too shabby.
Not in the mood for music? There’s a “Drunken Spelling Bee” at JR’s Lightbulb Club. According to its Facebook event, tonight’s bee is part of a series of weekly qualifying rounds leading up to the Drunken Spelling Bee Grand Championship with a $250 prize. Drink, spell, win. Sounds easy enough.
Also tonight, Guy Fieri is at the Walton Arts Center, Sarah Hughes is playing on the rooftop of the Dickson Street Pub, and a handful of other live music events are also on the calendar.
- Greenhouse Grille: Mike Blackwell
- JJ’s Grill: Russ Hutchison
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- La Huerta – Crossover: Darren Ray
- Walton Arts Center: Guy Fieri Food Show
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Johnny Arredondo Jazz Trio
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Richard Burnett
- Dickson Street Pub: Sarah Hughes
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Pimps of Joytime / Lubriphonic / Papadosio
- Fix: FIX Wednesdays Pre Wakarusa Party
- The Lightbulb Club: JR’s Wednesday Night Variety Hour presents…A Drunken Spelling Bee
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk