Between the hundreds of residents who will be on the square tonight for First Thursday, the thousands of Walmart shareholders who are still roaming the streets for the annual meeting, and the millions (OK, still thousands) of music fans who are descending upon Mulberry Mountain for Wakarusa, Northwest Arkansas will probably look like an ant farm from space this evening.
Wait a minute, Northwest Arkansas is an ant farm right now. At least my house is.
If you’re not headed to any of the above, there are still plenty of options for evening fun in Fayetteville.
Arkansas garage punk rockers Suzi Trash are at the Lightbulb Club, Uncrowned Kings are at Powerhouse, and there’s a First Thursday after-(dance)party at Smoke & Barrel.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Fayetteville Underground: Art openings
- Savor: A Taste of Opera
- Hjem Restaurant: The unveiling of “Raw Exposure” by Travis Lane
- Walton Arts Center: Garden as Muse closing reception
- JJ’s Grill: Chris Jerry
- Jose’s: Joe Giles & the Homewreckers
- Fayetteville Square: First Thursday
- Foghorn’s on College: Ben Coulter
- Powerhouse Seafood: Uncrowned Kings
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: KUAF Fulbright Summer Chamber Music Festival
- 21st Amendment: Will Brand
- The Lightbulb Club: Suzi Trash / Prahnas / Voyageurs
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Aerosault First Thursday dance party
- Hjem Restaurant: Matt & Gus Smith
- Mulberry Mountain (Ozark, AR): Wakarusa
- City Hall, Room 326: Subdivision Committee * – 9:00 a.m.
- Public Library: Tree and Landscape Advisory Committee – Tree Farm Subcommittee – 2:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 111: Partners for Better Housing – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk