Austin’s The Black is in town today for a show at The Lightbulb Club. We’ve been listening all morning long and if we weren’t scheduled to attend a monstrously long City Council meeting tonight, we’d be on the front row. No, there aren’t “rows” at JR’s.
Take a taste of The Black over on Daytrotter and see for yourself. Added bonus: Fayetteville’s Memphis Pencils are also playing. Awesome.
Elsewhere, Vore is at Rogue, Justin Brasher plays a free show on Mt. Sequoyah, and there’s live music at JJ’s and Teatro Scarpino.
Oh yeah, and there’s that City Council meeting. Up for a vote tonight is the smoking ban issue. Phew.
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- Mt. Sequoyah: Justin Brasher
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- The Lightbulb Club: The Black / Memphis Pencils
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Vore / HOD / Angelflesh
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk