There’s a nasty-looking storm hanging out in the sky this morning, but it can’t quite seem to make up its mind on whether to stay or go. However, according to the world wide weathernets, our 40 percent chance for rain has been elevated to 80 percent.
I’m hoping it clears up soon for a couple reasons: 1) A roofing crew is at my house this morning trying to get a new layer of shingles installed so my kitchen can stop being mistaken for a creek, and 2) there’s a very full schedule of events planned for this evening, some of which take place on outdoor patios.
On the outdoor scene, Boom Kinetic is playing Party on the Patio at Powerhouse, and Lemon Head is on the garden stage at Rogue.
On the indoor front, George’s is hosting the Ben Miller Band along with the best “Gypsy Punk Country Grumble boogie” band Shreveport, Louisiana has to offer in Dirtfoot.
Also tonight, the Smith family is at Smoke & Barrel, there’s a dance party at JR’s, and Effron White brings his Songs in the ‘Ville back to UARK Ballroom.
No music for you? OK. How’s about this: Two of our sponsors are hosting special events today.
Ozark Natural Foods will feature a cooking demo from noon until 1 p.m. where deli manager, Rachel, will demonstrate how to make cinnamon twists. We hear free samples might be in store for those who show up.
Later on, Riffraff is hosting a shopping event to benefit Pagnozzi Charities from 6 to 8 p.m. on the square. Wine and hors d’oeuvres are on the menu and 15 percent of the proceeds from Riffraff sales go to the Pagnozzi Youth Sports Scholarship Fund.
- Fayetteville Square: 37th Annual Kid’s Day
- Ozark Natural Foods: Cooking Demonstration w/ local products
- Fayetteville Town Center: Spark of Hope
- Greenhouse Grille: Kevin Baker
- JJ’s Grill: Mike & Grady
- Riffraff: Pagnozzi Charities benefit
- 21st Amendment: Chris Henry
- Foghorn’s on College: Jeff Fox
- Powerhouse Seafood: Boom Kinetic
- Jose’s: Earl & Them
- UARK Ballroom: Songs in the ‘Ville
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Loose Change
- Ultra Studios: Oxygen Edge
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: KUAF Fulbright Summer Chamber Music Festival
- Nadine Baum Studios: University Theater Summer Shows – I Love You Because…
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Ben Miller Band / Dirtfoot
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Matt & Gus Smith
- The Lightbulb Club: KXUA 88.3FM presents Beat Bachs and T. Jay
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Lemon Head
- Tangerine: Queens of Karaoke
City Hall, Room 326: Telecommunications Board * – 5:30 p.m.– Cancelled Yvonne Richardson Center: Southeast Fayetteville Community Center Meeting – 6:30 p.m.– Cancelled
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk