Did you know that only one-third of American states have adopted an official state beverage? It’s true. And Arkansas is one of them.
But wait. Before you get all “That’s right y’all, what’s up” about it, wait until you hear the rest of the story.
Of the 17 states that have chosen an official state beverage, 14 of them adopted the exact same drink. What is it? It’s milk. And yes, Arkansas is one of the 14 milkers.
Only Florida (orange juice), Massachusetts (cranberry juice) and Ohio (tomato juice) stand out in the crowd.
The rest of ’em (Delaware, Mississippi, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin) get milk.
Fortunately, the Arkansas General Assembly didn’t specify a type or grade of milk, leaving it up to us to consume the variety of our choice.
What’s your flavor? 2 percent? Skim? Chocolate?
This concludes Fun Fact Monday. Also, Fun Fact Monday is probably a one-time thing. Sorry. Sort of.
The list of choices for fun on a Monday night are usually pretty slim, but tonight is somewhat of an exception.
Local favorite Effron White is playing a free show at JJ’s Grill, there’s a $3 metal show at Rogue with Oracle, Scorned, and Day of the Rope, and there’s karaoke at Powerhouse.
For a few more choices, including a couple city government-related meetings, use your scroller of choice (mouse, trackpad, touchscreen) and navigate a little lower of this worldwide internet web page.
- JJ’s Grill: Effron White w/ Wayne Gustafson
- The Perk: Open acoustic jam
- Pesto Cafe: Darren Ray
- Powerhouse Seafood: Karaoke
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Oracle / Scorned / Day of the Rope
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Sarah Hughes
- Public Library: Public Library Board of Trustees – 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall (meet): City Council Tour – City TV Station – 4:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk