With not much chance of rain in the forecast and temperatures expected in the mid-to-upper 90s, we can safely say it’s probably going to be dry and hot today. We say that because of the not-much-rain forecast and the high temperature expectation. At the very least, it could be warm and maybe not wet. If it does become cool and/or damp, put on a jacket, get out your umbrella and make sure to tune in at 5, 6 and 10 p.m. for more Super Duper Mega Doppler Live weather.
So what’s happening tonight? Given that it stays dry, the Arkansas Winds Community Concert Band will play a free show at 7 p.m. at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks.
As part of the BGO Summer Concert Series the event, “Red, White and Blooms,” will be on the Great Lawn of the garden which means you should bring lawn chairs, blankets, and a dinner picnic if you want. No booze, though.
Or just bring cash. Staff will be selling water, soft drinks and shaved ice. Want more? Band President Allen Fields was on Ozarks at Large yesterday.
Also tonight, Austin music veteran Jon Dee Graham is at George’s, it’s Drunken Spelling Bee #4 night at the Lightbulb Club, and Waoka is at Greenhouse Grille.
There’s more, too. Check it out.
- Greenhouse Grille: Waoka
- JJ’s Grill: Clint Scrivner
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Jon Dee Graham / Charliehorse
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Red, White and Blooms
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Urban Achievers Wii Bowling
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Janice Yoes Studio Recital
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Jones ’N Leah
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Johny Arredondo
- Nadine Baum Studios: One Person Shows: Works in Progress
- The Lightbulb Club: JR’s Drunken Spelling Bee #4
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk