Indeed we’re living in a ghost town right now. The students are gone, the heat is exhausting, and there are dozens of actual ghosts walking around the square wondering where the post office went. Come this evening, however, that will all change, if only for a few hours.
Once again, it’s time for another installment of “Make the rest of the region jealous,” aka First Thursday.
We put up a Flyer Guide earlier today with more detail on First Thursday, so check that out if you wanna.
This here post is reserved for the lineup of unofficial after-parties scheduled around town.
After you finish with the festivities on the square, grab a bite to eat and then get to something on the list below.
We’d suggest not missing Cory Branan at George’s Majestic Lounge. It’ll be a good opportunity to finally stop punching yourself in the face for missing him on Letterman, at SXSW, ACL, CMJ, local venues, house shows and at the Castle at Wilson Park where he spent many evenings writing songs while living in Fayetteville for about a year.
Also tonight, there are great shows at The Lightbulb Club, Smoke & Barrel, and Rogue.
There’s more, too.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Suzuki Music School of Arkansas Piano Recital
- Sound Warehouse: Art opening: Nick Shoulders / Timmy Lane / Mothafolkin Soul
- Fayetteville Square: First Thursday Fayetteville
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- Jose’s: Joe Giles & the Homewreckers
- Lewis & Clark Outfitters: Comfort/Cruiser Bike Ride
- Fayetteville Underground: Art Openings
- Foghorn’s on College: Ben Coulter
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Powerhouse Seafood: TJ Scarlett Band
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Cory Branan
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Aerosault – 1st Thursday Dance Party
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Well well well / Friday, Maybe Saturday
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: Twin Killers / Perpetual Werewolf
- City Hall Room 111: Planning Agenda Session and Tour * – 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall Room 326: Partners for Better Housing – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk