Thanks to a brief rain shower last night, Fayetteville is about 10 degrees cooler than expected this morning. Still, 77 degrees at 8:30 a.m. is nothing to get too excited about. Stay hydrated and don’t leave anyone (yourself included) unattended in a vehicle.
There are some fun choices on tonight’s list.
St. Louis-based rock band Kentucky Knife Fight plays Smoke & Barrel Tavern. The Southern-Hot-Snakesy-sounding 5-piece is headed to Texas for a handful of shows before circling through Oklahoma, Kansas City and back to St. Louie. Good stuff.
Also tonight, there’s a big show at Rogue with The Henchmen, Miniature Colossal Men, Glory Bones, and Brothel Sprouts. Also good stuff.
Elsewhere, David Ramirez is at George’s with He Is We and The Wealthy West,.
There’s more, too.
Locals: Carolyn Crain Dux, Jake Aslin, Connor Grimes, Deana Doss Day, Deborah Sue Cook Petty, Casey Baker, Katy Lemasters, Nathan McLeod, Juliette Sherin, P.j. Stevens, Alana Hale, Janet Spencer, Lori Bartholomew Bradley
Also: Actor Patrick Stewart is 71, actor Harrison Ford and singer-guitarist Roger McGuinn of The Byrds are both 69, Erno Rubik, inventor of the Rubik’s Cube is 67, actor-comedian Richard Anthony “Cheech” Marin is 65, and writer-director Cameron Crowe is 54.
- Greenhouse Grille: Teddy Sablon
- JJ’s Grill: Miller & Buford
- OMNI Center: OMNI Vegetarian Potluck
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Effron White
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Kentucky Knife Fight
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Johny Arredondo Jazz Trio
- George’s Majestic Lounge: He is We / The Wealthy West / David Ramirez
- FIX: FIX Wednesdays w/ DJ Merl
- Rogue Pizza Co.: The Henchmen/ Miniature Colossal Men/ Glory Bones/ Brothel Sprouts
- City Hall Room 326: Technical Plat Review – 9:00 a.m.
- City Hall Room 326: Fayetteville Board of Health * – 3:30 p.m.
- City Hall Room 111: Tree and Landscape Advisory Committee * – 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall Room 326: Active Transportation Advisory Committee * – 5:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk