A new Arkansas law went into effect this week which prohibits pants on the ground. That is, saggy pants that reveal underwear or body parts at school or school-related events. 40/29 interviewed some folks about it. (KHOG)
Garret Lewis thinks the Indiana State Fair stage collapse might’ve been the result of something called a gustnado. Lewis says they’re not usually visible on radar but can produce wind speeds as high as 100mph. (KFSM)
The Arkansas 2011-12 men’s basketball non conference schedule is set and includes match-ups at Connecticut and Oklahoma, and a home game against Michigan. (UA Athletics)
Locals: Melissa King, Deana Dickey, Anna Thomas, Krisha Wilson, Preston Brassfield, Melodye Van Volkinburg, Sarah Diebold, Tyler Wilson, Amy Clark, and Olivia Carr.
Others: TV personality Kathie Lee Gifford is 58, director James Cameron is 57, singer Madonna is 53, actor Steve Carell is 49, and country singer Emily Robison (The Dixie Chicks) is 39.
Arts & Events
There’s a fair amount of stuff to do tonight including Art Amiss 14 Visuals. The 14th installment of the semi-annual art extravaganza is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Scarpino. Admission is $5.
Also tonight, a verbal smack down is set for 7 p.m. at Rogue “to determine who is the single best poet in the city.”
Other choices include a comedy open mic at West End, Jeff Fox at JJ’s and a Zombie Apocalypse Party at George’s.
- Tim’s Pizza (square): WordCamp Fayetteville Debrief
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- Rogue Pizza Co.: World Poetry Slam Qualifier w/ Thomas French
- Scarpino: Art Amiss 14: Visuals
- Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- West End: Comedy Open Mic night
- George’s Majestic Lounge: OLIVE – Zombie Apocalypse Party
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Dj Zee and Frost Production
- City Hall, Room 326: Bid Opening: Bid 11-50 (Biosolids Facility Gas Line) – 2:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 219: City Council Meeting * (agenda)- 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk