Remember back in May when Bikes, Blues & BBQ announced they’d be expanding into Springdale this year? It looks like they announced it again at a Friday afternoon press conference (we couldn’t make it). (Arkansas Traveler)
Last week, University of Arkansas Chancellor David Gearhart told students he expected fall enrollment to set a record at around 23,000 students. According to reports, that was a pretty accurate guess. There are 23,153 students enrolled in the fall semester (1,700 more than this time last fall). (KNWA)
Locals: Gracie Terrell, Kelie Myers, Danny-Joe Crofford, Chris C. Holley, Brandon Campbell, Sarah White, Sarah Mayo, Rachel Ammons, Steven Sevic, Bradford Bowen, Lev Desmarais, and Rachel Thompson.
Others: Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is 75, TV personality Robin Leach (“Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous”) is 70, actor John Hensley (“Nip/Tuck”) is 34, and actress Lea Michele (Glee) is 25.
It’s week number two of classes at the UA, but you don’t need a website to tell you that. The traffic and overall excitement in the air is enough to know something’s up.
The Washington County Fair starts tomorrow, Razorback football kicks off a new season Saturday, and cooler weather is already teasing us in the mornings.
Welcome to Fayetteville, Fall.
Tonight’s calendar is pretty average for a Monday. There are singer/songwriters playing at restaurants around town, it’s Metal Monday at Rogue on Dickson, and the Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall is buzzing with student recitals.
What’s not-so-average is a Monday evening show at Smoke & Barrel Tavern. Tonight’s show is free and features Kansas City-based punkgrass band The Fall Down Drunks.
Not interested in music? Then check out Mayor Lioneld Jordan’s Town Hall Meeting at 7 p.m. at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks.
Happy New Week!
- JJ’s Grill: John Staib
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Bury You Brother / Before the Gallows / Dreams Like Monuments / Beauty in the Color Red
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Janice Yoes – Voice Recital
- Pesto Cafe: Darren Ray
- The Perk: Open acoustic jam
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The Fall Down Drunks
- City Hall, Room 111: Ward 4 Meeting * – 7:00 p.m.
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Mayor’s Town Hall Meeting * – 7:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk