A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council is set for 6 p.m. Sept. 6 in room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street in Fayetteville.
There are 19 consent items including a resolution approving a two-year economic development services contract renewal with the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce and a resolution approving a five-year professional services contract with First Security Bank to provide investment management services for the city.
There is no unfinished business.
The following five items make up the new business agenda for tonight.
- ADM 11-3627: Public Art Donation: A resolution to accept the donation of a bronze sculpture by Hank Kaminsky to be located in the World Peace Wetland Prairie in South Fayetteville.
- Revised Ward Boundaries: A resolution to approve revised ward boundaries to equalize ward populations after the 2010 Federal Census. (PDF map)
- VAC 11-3887 (Kum and Go): An ordinance approving a vacation of a portion of a utility easement at 2388 N. College Ave. to vacate a five-foot portion of a general utility easement.
- Amend § 51.137 Monthly Sewer Rates: An ordinance amending the Monthly Sewer Rates seciton of city code by reducing certain extra strength surcharges to sewer rates, and providing for an effective date.
- Amend exemptions of the Signs Chapter: An ordinance to permit cross street banners on Block Avenue similar to Dickson Street.