To commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission is sanctioning a podcast contest for K-12 students. There’s a $100 cash prize. (Shiloh Museum)
The Washington County Historical Society will host the 41st annual Ice Cream Social on from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Headquarters House in Fayetteville. (WCHS)
A photograph taken by Tracey Haynes, a University of Arkansas graduate student, is included in a documentary that will be shown Sept. 8 at the Newseum in Washington, D.C., as part of a daylong commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. (UA Newswire)
Locals: Greg Franklin, Benton Bandy, David Baltz, Amanda Berens, Paul Nielsen, Paul White, Alejandro Aviles, Holly Rosen, and Miranda Williams.
Others: Musican Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) is 68, actress Rosie Perez is 47, singer Macy Gray is 44, and rapper Foxy Brown is 33.
The folks at Smoke & Barrel say Summer People were at the top of last year’s list of out-of-towners who blew them away.
Also tonight, it’s the 9th annual Savor the Flavor tasting tour on Dickson Street, Tiffany Christopher is at JJ’s and there’s a free show on Mount Sequoyah with Pat Hall & Friends.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Dickson Street: 9th Annual Savor the Flavor
- JJ’s Grill: Tiffany Christopher
- Savor: Matt Jenkins & Nathan McLoed
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Summer People / HotChaCha
- Mt. Sequoyah: Pat Hall and Friends
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk