A woman reported she was attacked yesterday on the Lake Fayetteville Trail near the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks. According to her report, a man grabbed her, covered her mouth and tried to force her to the ground. After hitting him with a water bottle, the man ran away. (NWAOnline)
The Southeastern Conference last night voted to accept Texas A&M as the league’s 13th member. The deal’s on hold, though, after word got out of potential legal action. (ESPN)
Speaking of sports, the Traveler’s Jimmy Carter and Zach Turner provide a nice sneak peek at the new era of Razorback basketball. (Arkansas Traveler)
Locals: Jamey Hall, Miki Thompson, Destiny Baldwin, Melissa Jones, Leigh Wilkirson, Kelly Robin Jr, Chris Wilson, Tracy Chase, Sara Blue, Paul Boatright, Brant Williams, Misty Montenegro, Steve Oswald, and Rachael Price.
Others: Julie Kavner, cartoon voice of Marge Simpson, is 60, musician Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders) is 60, and actress Evan Rachel Wood is 24.
The annual Ozark Blues Challenge is tonight at George’s Majestic Lounge. Sponsored by the Ozark Blues Society of Northwest Arkansas, participants will compete to represent the area in Memphis during the International Blues Challenge.
Past winners include Kory Montgomery, The Eoff Brothers, Adam Posnak, and Scott Leeper. Kory Montgomery and the Eoff Brothers each went on to the Top 10 Finals in Memphis.
Admission is $5 and the event starts at 6 p.m.
Also tonight, Tulsa-based Grazzhopper plays two shows, an early set at Greenhouse Grille and a later set at Smoke & Barrel.
- Grub’s: Karaoke
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Ben Harris Group / Russ Hutchison
- Fayetteville Public Library: LWV: The Nonpartisan Approach
- Greenhouse Grille: Grazzhopper
- City Hall, Room 306: Deadline: RFP 11-10, Online Billing System – 2:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Nominating Committee Interviews – 5:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk