Wanna give some blood today? There’s a Community Blood Center of the Ozarks blood drive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. today on the Fayetteville square. (CBC)
Following three years of major growth, University of Arkansas officials are considering an enrollment cap that would limit UA admissions to 25,000 students. (Arkansas Traveler)
Two people were shot at the Crawford County Courthouse in Van Buren Tuesday including a judge’s secretary and the shooting suspect. The secretary’s injury was non-life-threatening. The suspect’s was not. (Times Record)
Locals: Hannah Withers, Donna Musarra, Crystal Pitts, Ed McCawley, Gloria McIntosh, Jim House, Richard Burnett, Travis Smith, Angie Savage-Fisher, Karen Vargo and John O’Connell.
Others: Filmmaker Tyler Perry is 42 and actor Adam Lamberg is 27.
Texas-based Eli Young Band are currently touring in support of their latest album, Life At Best, and will play a free show tonight at the Arkansas Music Pavilion.
The show is sponsored by the UA’s University Programs, and was originally scheduled for the Chi Omega Greek Theatre before being moved to the AMP.
The show is free to attend, open to the public, and seating will be available on a first-come first served basis. Gates open at 7 p.m., and the show is set to begin at 8 p.m. with openers Matt Stell & The Crashers.
The university will run busses out to the AMP beginning at 6:30 p.m. from Union Station, and the busses will run until everyone who wants a ride back to the UA gets back.
Also tonight, Philip Gibbs is at Smoke & Barrel, Tiffany Christopher is at Greenhouse Grille, Teddy Sablon’s at JJ’s and there’s a Galactic Butterfly pre-party at Fix.
- UA Campus: Yoga on the Lawn
- Fayetteville Public Library: Gulf oil spill short film screening
- Greenhouse Grille: Tiffany Christopher
- JJ’s Grill: Teddy Sablon
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Ben Harris Group / Russ Hutchison
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Philip Gibbs
- AMP: Eli Young Band
- Fix Ultralounge: Galactic Butterfly Pre-Party w/DOMEWREKKA
- City Hall, Room 326: Technical Plat Review – 9:00 a.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Bid Opening: Bid 11-55, Construction – Tree Planting Project – 2:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Bid Opening: Bid 11-49, Construction – Block Retaining Wall Installation – 3:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Tree and Landscape Advisory Committee * – 4:00 p.m.
- Public Library, lobby: City Council Tour – 4:30 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk