A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council is set for 6 p.m. Sept. 20 in room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street in Fayetteville.
The Nominating Committee is expected to provide the council with its selections for several open board and committee positions.
There are six consent items on tonight’s agenda including a resolution approving a contract with Van Buren-based Time Striping, Inc. for runway rehabilitation and re-marking at Drake Field to fill cracks and protect the pavement for another 10 years.
After the consent items are addressed, a public hearing will be held regarding the city’s monthly sewer rates, specifically reducing the industrial biological oxygen demand surcharge from $0.4421 per pound to $0.3145 per pound.
There are two unfinished business items to address this evening including the sewer rates issue mentioned above and a proposal to revise the city’s ward boundaries.
For maps of the proposed new ward lines, see our Sept. 8 story, Council considering revised Fayetteville ward boundaries.
The following six items make up the new business agenda for tonight.
- Final approval of the Revised Ward Boundaries proposal
- AEP/SWEPCO & Ozarks Electric: – An ordinance waiving competitive bidding for current and future payments to/contracts with AEP/SWEPCO and Ozarks Electric Cooperative for the relocation costs for electric utility poles and power lines necessitated by road reconstruction or widening projects.
- Amend Chapter 34: An ordinance amending section 34.25: Sales of Article II: Purchase and Sale of City Property; contracts of Chapter 34: Finance and Revenue of the Code of Fayetteville to provide authority and procedures for the sale of biosolids.
- RZN 11-3866 (2013 E. Mission Blvd./Ruskin Heights): An ordinance rezoning 28.93 acres of property at 2013 E. Mission Blvd. from R-PZD (Residential Planned Zoning District), to CS (Community Services); NC (Neighborhood Conservation); and RSF-4 (Residential Single Family, 4 units/acre), subject to a bill of assurance.
- RZN 11-3901 (S. Beechwood Ave./Love Box): An ordinance rezoning 16.24 acres of property at 811 and 833 S. Beechwood Ave. from I-1 (Heavy Commercial and Light Industrial) and I-2 (General Industrial), to CS (Community Services).
- ADM 11-3941 (Vantage Center PZD Amendment #2): An ordinance amending a residential planned zoning district for 4.68 acres at the end of Shepard Ln. adjacent to Frontage Road, to allow the addition of Use Unit #26, multi-family dwellings, as a permitted use throughout all of the space in the four existing buildings on the property.